September 7 – 9, 2019 | Malibu
Getting To Camp Mars
Camp Mars is located in the Santa Monica Mountains near Malibu, California.
Camp Mars is closest to both LOS ANGELES AIRPORT (LAX) and BURBANK AIRPORT (BUR). Drive time depends on traffic, so plan accordingly.
Camp Mars is just East of the Pacific Coast Highway (PCH). Parking will be available at an additional cost, so rideshare is encouraged.
Food and Drink
Breakfast, lunch, and dinner will be served daily, with soft drinks and snacks available throughout the day. There will be a variety of food on offer using fresh and locally sourced ingredients catering to all diets and tastes. If you have any concerns or unusual allergies, please let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can ensure you’ll be well fed!
Camp Mars is a dry environment. Alcohol will not be sold at the event and is not permitted at camp.
You may bring a limited quantity of outside food and non-alcoholic drinks for personal consumption, but no personal refrigeration will be provided.
We want everyone to enjoy Camp Mars and are working hard to make it as accessible as possible.
Please email us at email@example.com if you’ll require special accommodations and transportation.
Ramps will be provided where necessary, with additional accessible toilets and showers. The Hurricane Lodge Package and This Is War VIP Experience will be our primary accessible accommodations, however should you wish to book another ticket package, please get in touch and we’d be happy to discuss the ways in which we can adapt the spaces.
Service animals are permitted throughout the camp grounds, however this does not include emotional support, therapy, or companion animals. If you have a service animal and would like to attend the event, please contact us in advance and we will provide credentials. Any animals without credentials will be turned away and tickets will not be refunded.
Please note that the event will be strict in enforcing the following rules:
- Any ticket holder with a service animal will be responsible at all times for the animal and will be liable for any damage or injury.
- All service animals must be correctly harnessed, leashed, and tethered within reason subject to any requirements of the animal’s work. In which case, the individual must maintain control of the animal through voice, signal, or alternative effective controls.
- Service animals must be housebroken and use service animal relief areas.
For those with hearing impairments, we have assisted listening device systems / hearing loops at check in and the info desk.
For guests requiring motorized mobility scooters on site, please get in touch with us to make on-site arrangements.
Dos and Don'ts
- Bring camera (non-professional – we classify professional as a removable lens) to document the weekend
- Dancing shoes
- Bug Spray
- Don’t bring glass or disposable plastic bottles
- No portable laser equipment or pens
- No alcohol
- No drugs, drug paraphernalia, or illegal substances. This includes nitrous oxide canisters.
- No weapons or knives
- No animals
- No drones
- No audio recorders
- No selfie sticks
- Don’t bring gas canisters
- No unauthorised professional film or video equipment
- Don’t bring large amounts of cash on-site – our merchandise stall accepts credit cards
- Only bring items in your wallet that you really need – leave any unnecessary cards / keys at home
- Don’t light fires – we love campfires too, but for the safety of everyone on site and to preserve the natural beauty, fires of any description are forbidden
Camp Mars is accessible by car or ride share. You will be assigned a check-in time after your ticket has been purchased. This enables us to ensure your arrival to Camp Mars is as smooth as possible.
Check-in for general entry will be on Saturday from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM Pacific time.
Early entry check-in will be Friday from 2:00 PM to 6:00 PM Pacific time.
At Camp Mars:
We’ll be announcing our full schedule of activities before the event, however we’ll have hiking, arts & crafts, climbing and ropes course, yoga meditation, film screenings, and NEW ACTIVITIES TO BE ANNOUNCED!
The weather will be largely dry, sunny, and hot. Remember to bring plenty of sun cream and a hat! There’s plenty of places to keep out of the sun.
Unfortunately, we will not be hiring volunteers for this event.
You can contact us to state a preference of roommate when purchasing your package. Roommate requests made after check-out can not be guaranteed.
All bedding will be provided except for Escape Camping.
You may also want to bring a few towels for swimming / sunbathing.
Camp Mars is a dry event, meaning that alcohol is not available for purchase and attendees are not allowed to bring alcohol (or drugs!). Please see our terms and conditions for more information.
Breakfast, lunch, and dinner are included for all overnight attendees. Day pass attendees will receive lunch and dinner. There will also be soft drinks and snacks available throughout the day.
Concert only attendees do not receive a meal.
There is medical staff on site providing support 24 hours a day.
There will be a merch store at the event.
You can bring a small selection of snacks and soft drinks, clothing, swimwear. There is limited space in shared accommodation, so please be considerate of those you are staying with and pack appropriately.
Camp Mars overnight is limited to attendees 18 and over.
See our Do’s and Don’ts, however it’s mostly common sense. Please don’t bring any weapons or any items which can be used as a weapon, alcoholic beverages or drugs, and please don’t bring any fire or bbq equipment.
What you should bring though is your swimsuit, lots of sun cream and some light clothes to cover up, as well as some sweaters for the evening.